Pools can be a great way to cool off on a hot summer day, however, are you doing all you can do to keep your pool in the best shape possible? Using a pool cover can be beneficial for a number of reasons, including saving money, cutting down on maintenance, and increasing safety.
- Slows Down Evaporation: if you remember learning about evaporation in school, you’ll know it’s when a liquid turns into vapor. The same thing happens to the water in your pool if you don’t cover it.
- Reduces Chemical Use: using a pool cover can reduce chemical use, therefore reducing the reactions caused by chemicals, such as red eyes and sneezing.
- Helps Your Pool Retain Heat: covering your swimming pool overnight can help it retain heat it has built up during the day. This is especially important for pools that rely on the sun during the day to heat the water.
- Keeps the Pool Clear of Debris: covering your pool when you’re not using it is important if you want to keep leaves, sticks, and other debris out of the water. This is great for people who don’t want to spend extra daily fishing out debris that’s fallen in overnight.
- Saves Money: we all love something that will save us money. By covering your pool, you’ll notice significant money savings, especially when it comes to your heating bills, the number of chemicals you use, and the amount of water you need to keep putting in your pool.
- Cuts Down on Energy Costs: no matter how your pool is heated, whether it be electric, gas or solar, covering your pool can help save energy in the long run.
- Increased Safety: many pool covers are made out of a sturdy fiberglass mesh, which can prevent someone from falling into the water. Some of these covers can hold up to 400 pounds per square foot, which is enough to give you peace of mind.
- Less Maintenance: less debris falling into your pool means less maintenance needed, and less time being used to vacuum the pool. Less time spent cleaning means more time for fun!
If you’re looking for a newer, better, and safer pool cover, let Sweeney’s Pool Service help you find the right fit for you. Give us a call today at 631.431.0498 to set up an appointment, or visit our website to learn more about our covers and how we install them.